🤓 Web Trading Team QA Tester
12 000 - 17 000 PLN gross
🌍 GAIN Capital | Szlak 49, Kraków🖥 http://gaincapital.com
GAIN Capital is a US-based fintech company delivering trading solutions with a global footprint of over 140K retail clients and a monthly transaction volume of $501.2bn across 12.5K markets.
Employment type: employment contract or B2B
Remote working: 1 day per week
As part of company-wide strategic technology advancement, GAIN is building an engineering team to work on strategic initiatives to modernize our existing technology stack based on a distributed scalable microservice-based architecture.
Working as part of the Pricing team, you will be responsible for the testing of pricing applications including backend and frontend solutions. Your role will be testing and creating automated tests of new services and APIs for new versions of company applications. Integration with other company services will be required and in some cases redesign of some functionalities and data model based on new requirements.
We are looking for a Senior QA that will be responsible for overseeing the QA process and automation in a range of key projects. You can be involved in ensuring service reliability and conduct performance and load testing if necessary.
- liaise with the business/developers/BAs at concept stage to determine testing strategy and coverage
- actively participate in sprint planning sessions and ensure requirements are clear and complete
- create test cases, BDD specifications, and data (manual and automated)
- ensure that adequate test coverage is provided
- actively implement Test Automation where possible and ensure that it is up to a certain standard
- execute test scripts and analyze and record results
- identify defects/ anomalies and investigate their cause. Document and track these defects.
- recommend improvements or corrections to developers or system analysts
- train and Mentor new members of the QA team
- coordinate with Service Delivery teams to ensure the timely and correct release of software to live
- evaluate testing tools and software that can be implemented to aid QA and maximize testing coverage
- actively participate in knowledge sharing and team-building exercises within the QA organization
- good knowledge of the software development lifecycle and QA practices & processes
- experience of testing web and client-server applications
- experience working in an Agile environment and BDD
- experience working in all phases of software testing right from requirements analysis up until QA/UAT sign off and release to live
- strong in Programming fundamentals preferably C#/.NET but other technologies are welcome
- SQL Server & T-SQL skills
- experience in testing (manual and automation) of Webservices, Windows services, REST services
- experience in test automation using a BDD tool (SpecFlow)
- experience in building tools and utilities for automating testing tasks
- experience in building, deploying and releasing software by working with developers
- experience working with version control, build & deployment and test management tools (GIT, TFS, Jira)
- annual performance bonus
- benefits package, including health care and gym pass
- superior co-working and personal development experience
- spacious and modern office space in the heart of old Kraków
- kitchen full of coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruits