🤓 Data Platform Senior Engineer
14 000 - 22 000 PLN gross
🌍 FLYR | Dekerta 24, Kraków🖥 http://www.flyrlabs.com
At FlyR, we're changing the way airline industries use data to ease the traveler’s experience — from dynamic pricing, elastic demand forecasting, to bundling the best offers for end users. We’re taking off on a mission to deliver a real-time prediction and tracking platform to major travel industry partners, each with millions of consumers hungry for a new, first-rate travel shopping experience.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented & diverse Software Engineer who is willing to specialize in data engineering to join our rapidly growing startup in San Francisco & Kraków, Poland.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for all things data - architecting and implementing mission-critical data pipelines, engineering improvements to our real-time models, and maintaining high code quality standards to improve the accuracy of our algorithms.
As an Engineering team, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and development of data processing platform, primarily writing code in Python or Java
- Design and development of scalable and low-latency data pipelines to integrate clients data warehouses with our data warehouse
- Cooperate with Business Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and rarely client-side engineers and analysts (offsite work)
- 5 years of hands-on experience in backend software development
- 3 years of experience with data pipeline development (hands-on writing code to processing the data)
- Experience with solving scalability / architectural issues - knows how and when to drive architectural changes
- Experience with the version control system
- Experience with CI/CD design and development
- Deep knowledge of a popular object-oriented or functional programming language
- Deep knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms and their solutions
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases and their query languages
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Deep knowledge of Python or Java
- Experience with following Apache projects: Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CirceCI, Spinnaker, Helm
- Airlines domain knowledge
What we can offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Work equipment to choose
- Medical care
- More to come…
About FLYR product
FusionRM, our dynamic revenue management platform, used by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. FusionRM unlocks unique opportunities by leveraging a forecasting platform that was built from the ground up to use machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques throughout an airline's commerce funnel. Our platform is growing with strong customer demand for this game-changing tool.
More about us