🤓 Java/ Junior Java Developer
4 000 - 8 000 PLN gross
🌍 Flairstech | 126/134 Marszalkowska street, Warszawa🖥 https://flairstech.com
👉 Nice to have:
As a Software Engineer, you will be working within our agile development teams and be involved throughout the full development lifecycle of the Rant & Rave development team, with particular responsibility in the development & maintenance of our software platform. You'll be involved in all aspects of the team including the creation and elaboration of business requirements, functional/design specifications, development and maintenance of our software and driving innovation into our product suite.
• Develop and maintain scalable and robust enterprise (JEE) applications.
• Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile. (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
• Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
• Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles applied at Rant & Rave.
• Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of recent experience of developing Enterprise Java applications within an Agile environment.
o Test driven / behavior driven (TDD/BDD) Java software development with Maven & Junit.
o Working within UNIX/Linux based environments.
o Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets.
o Working with enterprise application stacks (e.g. JMS, Tomcat).
o Working with enterprise SQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns.
• Experience of working with a wide variety of open source frameworks (such as Spring, Camel, Hibernate etc).
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
• Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT (preferable.
• Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
• Adapts communication style for junior engineers, senior engineers and senior management alike
• Proactive 'self-starter' attitude.
• A creative, innovative and inquisitive character. Willing to experiment with many ideas and showcase the output with peers and the wider teams.
• Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge.
• Uncomfortable with repetition seeking automation in preference.
• Experience with NoSQL databases such MySQL / DynamoDB.
• Experience or understanding of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerization (Docker).
• Experience of working with SaaS based software architectures within a multi-tenanted cloud hosted deployment model.
• Experience with systems and IT operations operating within an ISO27001 environment.
Customer Orientation - The ability to support both internal and external customers to help them achieve their objectives without compromising the company’s interests and engendering this culture throughout the Customer Success team.
Analysis - The ability to gather relevant information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to commercial issues – taking into account variables and implications.
Decisiveness - The willingness to make decisions once a situation or problem has been analyzed, based upon a judgement of the best solution.
Listening and Responding - The ability to actively listen to others, understand their feelings, needs and points of view and then to respond appropriately.
Professional Knowledge - The ability and motivation to apply and develop one’s own professional and technical knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
Communication - The ability to speak & write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & style. Excellent presentation skills, suitably adapted and targeted to the audience.
Change Management/Adaptability - The ability to maintain effectiveness in a rapidly changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
Business Awareness - An understanding of the processes and issues relevant to one’s job. This ranges from job knowledge to an appreciation of complex internal and external business issues / trends.
People Development - The willingness and ability to help others develop appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes through objective setting, coaching, training and the provision of constructive feedback.
Educational Qualiﬁcations :Ideal academic level preferred:
BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience.
Industry certifications in software development/engineering or an interest in achieving these.
Additional Speciﬁcations / Comments This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the Company.