🤓 Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)
15 000 - 20 000 PLN net
🌍 Egnyte Poland | Abpa. A.Baraniaka 6, Poznań🖥 http://www.egnyte.com
We’re headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley and backed by the best. Egnyte transforms business through smarter content, allowing organizations to connect, protect, and unlock value from all their content. Our Content Intelligence platform delivers smart content collaboration and governance in the cloud or on premises to thousands of businesses around the world even the most regulated industries.
Egnyters are a creative and driven bunch. You’ll thrive here if you are passionate about helping customers and redefining how we work. Now you can do it by joining our team of over 180 people in Poznan.
This is a full-time position that can be done 100% remotely anywhere within Poland after 4 weeks of the onboarding process in Poznań.
About the role:
We store multibillion files and multiple petabytes of data. We observe more than 11K API request per second on average as per New Relic. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great engineers. For us, people who own their work, from start to finish, are integral. Our engineers are part of the process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iterations. You can, and will, touch every level of the infrastructure depending on the day and what project you are working on. The ideal candidate should be able to take a complex problem and execute end to end. Mentor and set higher standards for the rest of the team and for the new hires.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain self-hosted and cloud environments using Terraform, Puppet & Ansible, Kubernetes to serve our own applications and services
- Collaborate with software developers to build stable, scalable and high-performance solutions
- Taking part in big projects like migrating solutions from self-hosted environments to the cloud, from virtual machines to Kubernetes, from monolith to microservices
- Proactively make our organization and technology better!
Skills - experience and requirements:
- 1+ years of experience in working 100% remotely
- 5+ years of proven experience working in a DevOps environment and continuous integration/deployment pipelines
- Knowledge and experience about deployment and maintenance of Java and Python apps using application and web servers such as Tomcat & Nginx
- Good coding skills for writing automation solution in Puppet or Ansible and Python. Ability to solve complex problems with simple, elegant and clean code.
- Good knowledge of JVM and its memory model. Some knowledge of Java language, being able to understand the code and do Pull Requests with some change on your own.
- Good knowledge of both self-hosted and cloud environments (preferably the Google Cloud Platform)
- Troubleshooting skills to hunt down the root causes of issues and persistence in preventing them from happening again
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD solutions, GitLab CI or similar (Travis, Circle CI etc. preferred)
- Practical knowledge of Docker as a tool for testing and build environment
- Effectiveness in using a necessary toolkit like G Suite, JIRA & Confluence, Slack, git, IDE of choice
- Ability to effectively use open source software
- Willingness to share knowledge, mentor more junior team members while also still learning and gaining new skills
- Open mind and can-do attitude
- Good English skills to effectively communicate about technical matters
- Work experience as a software developer or architect
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and related technologies
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of Golang and Node.js apps
- Being an active user and open source projects contributor
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Experience with Linux HA solution such as HAProxy, LVS, corosync & pacemaker etc.
- Experience with message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka or others) and databases (MySQL or others)
- Experience with Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with MS Windows Servers solutions
- Attractive salary package based on skill set
- Cool office in the city center with many options for lunches
- A choice of MacBook Pro or Dell laptop, necessary software licenses
- Flexible forms of employment and working hours (partially remote work possible)
- Big, skilled team to learn from and have fun cooperating with
- Stock options – how cool it’s to be the Owner
- In-house English classes
- Private medical health care
- Training and conferences budget
- Team lunches and events