🤓 Java Engineer (Platform Core)
7 000 - 12 000 PLN net
🌍 edrone | Prądnicka 65, Kraków🖥 https://edrone.me/
👉 Nice to have:
How we work
- DevOps - you build it you run it
- Small, tightly-knit groups of very skilled people
- Code Reviews
- Directly Responsible Individual
- Pair programming
- Paying back technical debt whenever you can
- Blameless postmortems
Interesting technical challenges
- Scalability - we ingest “tons” of data that must be processed near-real time. Traffic patterns change constantly and we have to adapt dynamically. We rely on horizontal partitioning and auto-scaling a lot.
- Reliability - uptime, latencies, queue processing delays - we live and breathe by these metrics. We assume machines, disks, network and software will fail. Our approach is resilience engineering and automation.
What we value
- Seeking mastery. We read books, attend conferences and meetups. We have library of books. We study alone and in groups. Company has budget to support us. We do this because it is our passion.
- Curiosity. If we use something we want to know how it works exactly. What are the constraints, when does it fail
- Direct, honest and timely feedback. This is how we improve.
- Autonomy. We support each other and we actively avoid micromanagement.
- Being good human. We don’t tolerate jerks, no matter how brilliant they are
Other tech we use
- AWS (25+ services), git, JIRA, Redis, Memcached, Hadoop, Spark
- Workstation setup: Linux, 16 GB RAM, 2 large monitors, SSD
edrone is a SaaS product for e-commerce. It is used by hundreds of big retailers both in Poland and world wide. edrone won multiple awards including Computer World’s "Best in Cloud" in 2017 and 2018.
- Private healthcare
- Budget for conferences and certificates