🤓 Senior Java Developer
12 000 - 22 000 PLN gross
🌍 Dynatrace | Grunwaldzka 411, Gdańsk🖥 http://gdansk.dynatrace.pl
Your role in the team
- Develop new features in the best APM solution available,
- Focus on squeezing the most out of DB server performance basing on gathered data,
- Enjoy helping other developers by working on TestAutomation features tailored to their needs,
- Collaborate with the rest of our Scrum Team, including PM and CSA, and other teams spread around the world,
- Enhance your end-to-end development craftsmanship to provide high-quality product, but don't worry - we're here to help you,
- Become the Darts Champion, but be aware - we won't help you here.
What do we expect from you?
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Experience in distributed and multi-tier web applications
- Hands-on knowledge of tools and techniques helping to write high-quality code;
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently and as a part of a multiculture team;
- Very good communication skills in English;
- Comfortable with using and writing REST based interfaces;
- Experience in using popular libraries like: Apache Commons, Google Guava, JUnit, Mockito;
About your possible team
Continuous Integration Insights - by plugging into the CI pipeline, we allow our customers to detect non-functional problems before they manifest in production. We provide reporting data extracted from test runs (unit, performance, web, functional) and also make plugins to most popular build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle), environments (Jenkins, Bamboo) and IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, Visual Studio) that make a consistent environment.
Database Monitoring - we work on DB Agents, which make it possible to monitor the internals of various database engines (currently Oracle, Microsoft SQLSERVER, MySQL and DB2). By correlating the events captured by application agents with data we get from DB Agents, customers are provided with much broader context, so it's possible to reason about performance problems - for example, you may find out that a query was slow not because it was badly written, but because there was a problem with IO.
We mainly use Java, currently at JDK7 language level. User interface is based on Eclipse Rich Client Platform, but we're transitioning to Web UI using GWT library. Code is reviewed before committing and we put strong emphasis on automated testing (unit and integration).
Log Analytics - What makes us unique? Our team strives to make log analysis more approachable than our competition. We're focused on making it better and more automatic than anyone else's. That's how we developed unique solutions such as intelligent date detection; a clever way of processing logs in C++ while feeding them to our Java server; and a protocol for sending and storing log files, even after they have been deleted from the host.
All of that makes our daily job a never-ending challenge. We are an end-to-end team and we’re totally independent. We solve problems throughout the product and are able to see the results of our work. That requires us to know the whole processing path, from the moment the agent notices something to the point where it lands in the Dynatrace UI.
This offer will automatically be deleted when you read the last sentence. We're waiting for you!