🤓 Senior Full-Stack JS Engineer/Tech Lead
6 700 - 13 400 USD net
🌍 DevsData | Torggata 13, Oslo🖥 https://devsdata.com
👉 Nice to have:
Senior Full-Stack JS Engineer/Tech Lead with Node & React needed
- Location: Oslo, Norway (yes, relocation is required)
- Duration: 12+ months (permanent employment / long-term contract)
- Start: Feb 2019 (negotiable)
- 3-4 people with this profile are needed
- Rate of up to $85/h, travel costs are covered by the company
- Rate is adjusted to the location of the candidate - for the US can be up to $140/h
- B2B - you will pay taxes in your country of origin
Yet another time we search for extraordinary specialists to join our nerdy crew! :)
Project for a big retail corporation in Norway (12k employees) with stores across entire Europe.
You’ll be working closely with business people (including ex-McKinsey partner with 20 years of business experience; Harvard graduate), IT specialists (SE architects, DevOps, UI/UX people), marketing/sales department, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence professionals, QA, logistics department and product manager to design, prioritize, and build new IT products in fashion, retail/e-commerce sectors related to a digital transformation that is happening in the organization.
One of the most important products that will need to be built is a new e-commerce platform (think: Zalando competitor) as well as information/data exchange platform for physical stores and IT tools for supply chain optimization.
The role is a fast-paced environment that involves the above-average degree of tech & business conceptual thinking, swiftness, communication & people skills and e-commerce/retail understanding. The ideal candidate can present a work history for well-known brands, some startup world experience (we’re lean and move quickly), min 2 years of similar commercial experience in a similar position.
If you are looking for an easy next project/job, or quick cash - there are better offers out there.
Basic algorithmic experience and problem solving absolutely required - if you're strong in JS/React, but struggle at algo or data structures, don't bother applying.
A rare, exciting opportunity to hone industry-related, practical business know-how, system design skills and work/network with top-notch world-class professionals (we already relocated people from the US and Canada for this project; people with Harvard and Google on their CVs).
Initial tech stack (likely to be refined, but not totally changes):
Front-End: JS, TypeScript, React, Vue, MobX.js, Redux, Web Assembly, Sharing components, PWA, Jest, Mocha, Karma
Back-End: mainly - NodeJS and serverless, but also: GoLang, Python, grpc, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish HTTP cache
DevOps: Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Fluentd, Collectd, Terraform, Helm, New Relic, Sentry, secret management tools, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Swagger*
FaaS: OpenFaas, Serverless, AWS Lambda*, Fission, Syncano
The most important are: JS, TypeScript, React & Node
- Previous involvement in building large IT product totally from scratch
- Wide-range of technologies that you're comfortable using (ideally covering the majority of tools mentioned in this offer, and especially strong in JS environments including Node and React)
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience on commercial projects and similar position (tech lead / senior FE/JS engineer)
- Minimum 7 years of commercial, hands-on IT experience in total
- International experience
- Fluent English communication skills
- Being up to date with recent tech tools & frameworks, extensive overall IT knowledge
- Willingness to relocate to Oslo - minimal local presence acceptable: 3 days in Oslo a week, rest remotely (transport and accommodation costs in Oslo will be covered)
- Studied Computer Science at a prestigious university - e.g. Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, Wharton, Berkeley (or top universities in your country; for Poland - University of Warsaw, AGH, Jagiellonian University, and Warsaw University of Technology)
- Worked or contracted to well-known brands and corporations e.g. Google, Palantir, Hedge Funds, Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs (kidding, GS is actually a minus :)), Intel, Nvidia
- Work experience also from the fast-paced startup world
- Worked with a distributed/remote team before
- Excellent communication skills
- Business understanding/product skills
- If you consider yourself a nerd :) and are passionate about the technology, that's a big plus