🤓 Front-end Developer
10 000 - 18 000 PLN net
🌍 Degree | Garnizon, Gdańsk🖥 http://www.degree.no
👉 Nice to have:
Degree was founded in Oslo in 2008 by two tech-nerds with passion for IT development projects. Degree has gained a position in the Norwegian market as a leading development partner for tailored IT projects through deep understanding of our customers domain and custom solutions to give them an advantage in their market. The organisation is built of technical strategic advisers, project managers, developers and designers to offer the end customer the best possible team for their individual needs. At the same time at Degree we believe in simplicity of processes and flat organisational structure - no corporate bullshit; no suits and ties.
Degree is extending its team into Gdansk and have just started Degree Sp. z o.o. The plan is to build a strong team of developers to work together with the Norwegian team to serve our customers in Norway.
We are looking for one of our first front-end developers in Gdansk. An ideal candidate should excel in the art of software engineering and have very good understanding of modern front-end frameworks, their applications and tooling. As a front-end developer you will be working in web projects together with our team in both Poland and Norway and you will:
- Design and engineer easy-to-use, fast and responsive web applications that communicate against back-end systems, mostly using RESTful APIs
- Closely cooperate with designers, back-end developers and product owners
- Write client-side code using modern UI frameworks
- Create tests for the UI layer
You’ll be a part of a team which appreciates flat structure, open mind and strong engineering culture.
We do require that you:
- Have good communication skills in English
- Have 5+ years of proven experience as software engineer
- Have 3+ years of proven experience as front-end web developer
- Are focused on writing optimized, lightweight code that loads and renders fast
- Are skilled in using a CSS pre-processor
- Have practical knowledge about at least one modern UI framework like Bootstrap, Foundation or Skeleton
- Know the principles of agile development and best practices in writing quality client-side code
- Are open-minded, proactive and willing to learn the latest trends and tools
Ideally you have:
- Experience with VueJS 2.0 / ReactJS / Angular
- Experience with build tools, module loaders, bundling and minification techniques
- Experience with e-commerce in general and worked with e-commerce frameworks like Episerver or similar.
- Knowledge about creating useful tests for the UI layer
- Ability to transform a good design into an excellent user experience
We offer you to be part of a team at our new Gdansk office, which means:
- Being part of a self-organised team where everyone has a say
- Working on the full life-cycle of a solution - design, implementation, testing, releases.
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth
- You get to help pick your new colleagues
- You’ll be travelling to Norway from time to time
- Being part of the great atmosphere in Degree (Startup atmosphere in a mature company)
- Working on international projects in small teams (usually in the size of 2-10 people)
- You get access to courses / training and certifications