🤓 Senior DevOps Engineer
3 530 - 5 530 USD net
🌍 Decent | Leborska 3B, Gdańsk🖥 http://www.decent.com
Most large U.S. employers self-insure, saving up to 30% on healthcare costs. Decent helps self-employed (freelancers, 1099s, etc.) people band together for similar savings. We believe in transparency, cutting waste and taking the middlemen out of healthcare. We are building the tech to serve the self employed population and using blockchain for efficiency, to align incentives and reward smart choices. Our long-term vision is to use a mix of traditional platform implementation and decentralization to efficiently focus health insurance on the people that matter most: Patients and Doctors.
We are a can-do team that comes from top companies and universities (MIT, Gdańsk University of Technology, Harvard) with a presence in San Francisco, Gdansk (team of 6) and Seattle. We’ve got a strong culture and would love for you to be a part of it.
Interested candidates should contact the CTO, Michael Lapinski directly (email@example.com) or via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an energetic and motivated DevOps engineer to join our team of 6 in Gdansk. You should be as passionate as we are about delivering a great product and willing to play a key role as part of our DevOps team in facilitating that mission. We want someone who is excited to be part of a team that is building the platform to operationalize Decent’s health plan and decentralize it in the future.
This role requires hands-on experience in a dynamic startup environment. You will have ownership of and responsibility for our cloud infrastructure and development pipeline. This means you have experience standing up and operating multiple environments (dev, QA, production), want to bring our CI/CD pipeline to the next level and love the challenge of making things operate smoothly.
You will work directly with our experienced team of developers and have the full support of our CTO in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Unlimited time off - we do not track vacation or sick time, but allow our employees to determine what they need.
- Opportunity to work remotely a few days a week
- Equity/Ownership in a new and growing company
- Freedom to choose tools
- Flexible hours
- Free coffee, snacks and beverages and no dress code
- Flat structure and small teams
What You Will Be Doing
- Thinking about and deciding how we improve our infrastructure. This means you will be designing and implementing changes in our existing infrastructure to support a growing set of services and functionality.
- Maintaining our existing microservices-based infrastructure; this is the foundation for us to provide health insurance for our customers.
- Working with Marketing, Operations and Product to plan for growth and usage of our platform.
- Enabling the development team with automation wherever possible and achieving goals like continuous integration, continuous delivery, blue-green deployments and high availability.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role that involves not only maintenance, but also evaluation, selection and implementation of new technologies that you wish to leverage.
- Experience with and desire to continue our push towards infrastructure as code.
- Hands-on experience with many (but not all) of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, monitoring and alerting (our current stack is Prometheus, Grafana, StackDriver, PagerDuty, but you may wish to change it) , CloudSQL, PostGresSQL, Vault and Keycloak, CircleCI (or other CI server), Nexus (or other artifact repository)
- Someone who values security along with operational efficiency.
- A self-starter who is curious, continually learning, eager to share your newfound knowledge with others and a desire to apply it.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience standing up DevOps infrastructure from scratch while a team is rapidly building on top of it.
- Hands-on time spent working with almost all of the pieces of our current tech stack.
- The ability to articulate the pros/cons of different implementations and components.
- Experience working in an environment that requires compliance (HIPAA).
- Knowledge and interest in blockchain and decentralization.