🤓 Senior DevOps Engineer
3 000 - 5 000 USD net
🌍 Decent | Leborska 3B, Gdańsk🖥 http://www.decent.com
Most large U.S. employers self-insure, saving up to 30% on healthcare costs. Decent helps self-employed people band together for similar savings. We use technologies including blockchain to align incentives and reward smart choices; to make price and quality data transparent; and to cut waste and take the middlemen out of healthcare.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated DevOps engineer who is as passionate as we are about delivering great product. DevOps is a key part of that mission. We want someone who is excited to be part of a team that is building the platform to operationalize Decent’s health plan and decentralize it in the future.
This role requires hands-on experience in a dynamic startup environment. You will have ownership of and responsibility for our cloud infrastructure and development pipeline. This means you have experience standing up and operating multiple environments (dev, QA, production), want to bring our CI/CD pipeline to the next level and love the challenge of making things operate smoothly.
You will work directly with our experienced team of developers and have the full support of our CTO in a highly collaborative team environment.
We have an office in Gdansk which offers free coffee, snacks, bike parking. Computer and monitor are included as well as training opportunites and possible occasional travel to the US. Work scheudle is flexible, but expectation is to be in the office more than wokring from home.
What You Will Be Doing
- Thinking about and deciding how we improve our infrastructure. This means you will be designing and implementing changes in our existing infrastructure to support a growing set of services and functionality.
- Maintaining our existing microservices based infrastructure that is the foundation for us to provide health insurance for our customers.
- Working with Marketing, Operations and Product to plan for growth and usage of our platform.
- Enabling the development team with automation wherever possible and achieving goals like continuous integration, continuous delivery, blue-green deployments and high availability .
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role that involves not only maintenance but also evaluation, selection and implementation of new technologies that you wish to leverage.
- Experience with and desire to continue our push towards infrastructure as code.
- Hands on experience with many (but not all) of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, monitoring and alerting (our current stack is Prometheus, Grafana, StackDriver, PagerDuty, but you may wish to change it) , CloudSQL, PostGresSQL, Vault and Keycloak, CircleCI (or other CI server), Nexus (or other artifact repository)
- Someone who values security along with operational efficiency.
- Curious, continually learning, eager to share your newfound knowledge with others and a desire to apply it.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience standing up DevOps infrastructure from scratch while a team is rapidly building on top of it.
- Hands-on time spent working with almost all of the pieces of our current tech stack.
- The ability to articulate the pros/cons of different implementations and components.
- Having worked in an environment that requires compliance (HIPAA).
- Knowledge and interest in blockchain and decentralization.