🤓 DevOps Cloud Software Engineer
🌍 Cisco Systems | Powstańców Wielkopolskich 13, Kraków🖥 http://www.cisco.com
What You’ll Do
Cisco Managed Services offers a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate, and highly-creative software engineers to have a wide-ranging impact on our operational capabilities. One of the team's primary objective is to service a OpenStack-based solution that we deploy and remotely operate, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Working side-by-side in a truly collaborative manner with our architecture, operations, sales, marketing, and executive leadership team to provide best-in-class solutions, services, and customer support.
- Collaborating with your peers to ensure that our solutions and services meet and exceed our client's expectations and achieve our rigorous quality standards.
- Becoming an authority in the OpenStack standard platform and Cisco's improvements to this platform.
Typical job functions include:
- On-going operations in a large, multi-cloud environment.
- Dedicated system/network monitoring & troubleshooting.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation.
- Issue/Incidence response.
- Code-level analysis of issues including root cause determination and/or potential code fix.
- Peer-level customer support for low-level, highly-technical issue resolution.
- Join and contribute to the communities and foundations that support our chosen open-source technologies and platforms. How you provide support will be based on your own interests, abilities, and personal passions.
Who You’ll Work With
As a member of our Cloud Systems Engineering team, you will deploy and support the solution within the customer data centers. Site Reliability Engineer standard methodologies will be the foundation of this team’s efforts and collaboration to drive innovation to our customer. Join a team that loves what they do and have fun supporting an open working environment.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science... nice to have but... we'll focus on what you know right now, what you have accomplished, where you shine, and how your current and future goals mesh with ours.
- 10+ years of Linux administration and engineering experience including a deep understanding of the Linux networking stack at the kernel level.
- 3+ years Python development experience or an equal level of level of proficiency in another language. If you have experience with languages other than Python, we will ask you to:
- Provide code/script/recipe examples pertinent to infrastructure support.
- Be happy learning Python! OpenStack's code-base is written in Python so becoming comfortable with Python is required.
- Knowledge of Ansible is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of modern virtualization technologies (5+ years - KVM knowledge is a requirement).
- Your are a perfect fit for this role if you have experience with Kubernetes and docker container technologies
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform. Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.(5+ Years)
- Having led, or participated in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, etc.).
- Extensive experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
- Hands-on networking experience and a strong foundation knowledge of networking models including VLAN's, WAN, routing, bridging, etc.
- Prior experience working in a start-up operation is strongly desired but not required.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills. Windows experience is a plus.
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of passion for your craft.
- Our on-staff experts enjoy what they do, are continuous learners, anxious to take on new challenges, and mindful of best practices to ensure optimal service.
- You should know how to "play nice with others." Cisco seeks extraordinary minds, talent, and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our employees and workplace.
- We need people who know how to work independently and make things happen.
- Competitive salary package with attractive benefits, private healthcare for you and your family, life insurance, pension scheme, Multisport/ cafeteria system, lunch card, transport card and other
- Flexible work hours and workspace using cutting edge collaboration tools
- International work environment: 2nd largest Cisco site in EMEA, 1500 employees in our Krakow office, 58 nationalities
- A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
- Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges.
- Challenging role with room to play, learn and grow your career opportunities
- Great Place to Work (2015-2018)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!