Salary range: B2B 37-46E/h + VAT 💰
Ciklum is looking for a Senior Scala Developer to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Scala Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the major credit card company on products related to security and data encryption.
- Write highly testable, automatable, and performant code over the whole SDLC using high coding standards and software best practices
- Develop product, and deliver features and updates according to the product roadmap
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/updates to specifications for the solution
- Participate in the team activities according to the methodology – daily meetings, planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Сoach/supervise middle/junior engineers by demand of the project
We know that sometimes, you can’t tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
- Min. 3 years of recent experience in Scala, at least 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- Understanding of different types of software architecture
- Ability to design with scalability and maintainability in mind
- Use of best practices and patterns during application design and implementation
- Hands-on experience with monolith, microservice, and serverless architectural styles
- In-depth proficiency level in Java, implementing applications using defensive programming
- Successful cases in developing web applications using advanced framework features and industry standard conventions
- Practical experience in writing and performance tuning of complex SQL
- Previous participation in constant quality improvement on the project: conducting code reviews, setting up quality metrics, and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with application deployment patterns and tools
- Practical experience in infrastructure configuration using popular cloud providers
- Experience in configuring application security or encryption aspects
- Practical experience in application performance optimization
- Communication is a key. You speak and write in English fluently or at least at an upper-intermediate level
- Following the “said and done” principle
- Accountability for the own scope of work
- Proactive in efforts to deliver results according to the expectations
- Suggesting new ideas, looking for alternative solutions
- Eager to learn and grow: curios, keen to constant self-development
- Constantly improving own mastership
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts and questions simply, concisely and in a structured way
- Capability to assess tasks of less experienced colleagues
- Skilled in constructive feedback providing
What's in it for you?
Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, life insurance and Multisport card
Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our office in Gdansk or Wroclaw. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.