The DevOps Engineer role
We are a fast-growing software company that provides an innovative API-based SaaS e-commerce solution to mid-size and large fashion and lifestyle brands. We are currently looking for a DevOps Specialist to join our great Centra team. This new team member needs a prolific skillset and an eagerness to grow, learn, and solve problems as a team.
We are seeking a creative, diligent tech geek who wants to pursue her/his career in system administration, introducing DevOps culture within our company.
At Centra, we work hard, fast, and we're passionate about what we do. We've gotten to where we are today because of dedication, teamwork, and raw talent, and we hope to continue this legacy as we expand the company.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or in a similar software engineering role.
- Strong scripting skills with Shell scripting.
- Proficiency in web server configuration and management.
- Strong knowledge of Linux distributions, with a preference for Ubuntu.
- Experience in debugging networking problems and configuration.
- Basic understanding of server security and OS vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code technologies like Ansible, Terraform, or others.
- Experience using infrastructure monitoring tools like Prometheus with Grafana Dashboard.
- Proficiency in managing logs with the ELK stack.
- Comfortable with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of DevOps principles and hands-on experience with CI/CD.
- Knowledge of cloud providers, particularly AWS or GCP.
- Experience working in an agile software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Go or Rust is a nice bonus.
In order of importance:
- PHP 7.4/8.2
We work with multiple different tools and platforms including:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Sport card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- Body-healing massages in the office
- Set of cutting-edge equipment (MacBook Pro, AirPods and other)
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
Feel at home
- At Centra, we believe that you should always feel welcome. No matter who you are, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all colleagues
- Casual dress atmosphere. Wear whatever makes you feel good.
- We love animals, so from time to time you can also take your animal companion to the office
- Regular table football tournaments and lunch break face-offs
- Team-building events and friendly afterworks
- Comfortable office in the city center with a chill room, ping pong table, boxing bag, table football, and more :)
- And, in case you asked, every day is a fruit Thursday at Centra 🍇 🍈 🍉 🍊 🍋 🍌
Follow us at @lifeatcentra on Instagram, to see what it's like to work at Centra and meet some Centra teammates.