Backend Engineering Manager
We are a fast-growing software company that provides an innovative API-based SaaS e-commerce solution to mid-size and large fashion and lifestyle brands.
We’ve built our platform to be the very best in the world and we build our team around that same idea. While we are still a young company, we have a lot of hype behind us and work with some of the strongest brands in the Nordics and have clients throughout Europe, North America, and Asia.
We base this position in Wroclaw, Poland. We would like to see our teams meeting in person at least 3 days a week in our supercool office in Wroclaw city center.
We are looking for a great Backend Engineering Manager!
At Centra, we want a person with a good skill set, and an eagerness to learn together and solve problems as a team. We work hard, and we care a lot about what we do. We got where we are because we hire and work with ambitious humans, and that’s what we want to continue to do as we expand the company.
We are now looking for a world-class leader to our engineering team, who will be a key player in propelling Centra into the global arena of commerce.
We expect that:
- You are a great manager, team builder and strategic thinker
- You know what good engineering practices look like and can coach others
- You can build a strong development process while fostering innovation
- You believe that usability and customer value go before technology
- You are a master at juggling short and long term priorities
- You enjoy working with, and taming, visionary entrepreneurs
- You prefer getting things done, rather than playing jargon bingo in powerpoints
Who are you?
- Hands-on experience leading engineering teams. You have a track record of building and developing high performance teams. You have a track record of hiring, giving feedback, developing and exciting individuals.
- Experience of and comfortable with leading technical change and evolving a platform to the next level in terms architecture, refactoring, testing, quality, and performance.
- Solid software development background and likely a degree in computer science. While we don’t expect you to have time to write a lot of code in this role, you are a confident programmer and software architect.
- Strong drive and energy, and desire to help us grow our startup
- Bonus if you have experience in eCommerce and/or SaaS product
- PHP 7.4/8
We use the following tools and platforms:
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, S3, etc...)
- …and more
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Sport card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- Body-healing massages in the office
- Set of cutting-edge equipment (MacBook Pro, AirPods and other)
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
Feel at home
- At Centra, we believe that you should always feel welcome. No matter who you are, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all colleagues
- Casual dress atmosphere. Wear whatever makes you feel good.
- We love animals, so from time to time you can also take your animal companion to the office
- Regular table football tournaments and lunch break face-offs
- Team-building events and friendly afterworks
- Comfortable office in the city center with a chill room, ping pong table, boxing bag, table football, and more :)
- And, in case you asked, every day is a fruit Thursday at Centra 🍇 🍈 🍉 🍊 🍋 🍌
Follow us at @lifeatcentra on Instagram, to see what it's like to work at Centra and meet some Centra teammates.