CAE ✈ is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Our flight services business delivers software solutions to more than 150 airline customers.
Join the engine that is changing CAE, pointing towards the next horizon of growth through digital innovations to support our customers in their success.
Here are few reasons why folks love working at CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of a high-performance team
- Support airline customers around the world
Airlines and business aircraft operators face pressures like few others. In a heavily regulated, competitive, ultra-visible industry, they require a suite of digital tools to efficiently plan their operations and deploy their people while optimizing their performance, compliance, and customer satisfaction.
CAE Movement Manager is an advanced decision support system used by operations controllers to monitor daily flight movements and assist in making informed decisions. Movement Manager enables air carriers to operate competitive schedules with minimal disruption, meet passenger demand, and maximize aircraft and resource utilization. It enables efficient and safe airline operations under both regular and irregular conditions.
Engineers at Movement Manager build large, and real-time software application that enable airlines operate across the globe seamlessly. We are looking for a Business Intelligence and Reports developer who shares a passion for tackling the challenges and complexities that come with building highly available solutions that can scale for the largest airlines and deliver these capabilities across multiple channels (Desktop, Web, Mobile).
Movement Manger engineering team uses Agile Scrum Methodology and has multiple Scrum teams in Poland and USA. The teams work on suite of related products and work in iterations to produce several releases a year.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug complex reporting solution, ad-hoc reporting solutions, set up Business Intelligence solutions and implement enhancements to existing solutions in a maintenance capacity.
- Work on introducing new Business Intelligence and Reporting technologies and innovations to existing software.
- Translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Deploy, setup, and test business intelligence servers’ solutions including setting up databases, SQL packages, data sources, server domains, dashboards, and ad-hoc views.
- Design and build canned reports and deploy them to different targets.
- Work with Product Owners and business analysts to gather requirements, plan, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and business intelligence developers in an agile scrum methodology to implement solutions.
- Design, and implement database objects and scripts needed to run Business Intelligence servers, canned reports, and solutions.
- Work with cloud computing reporting and business intelligence technologies like AWS and leverage cloud capabilities to introduce enhancements to existing solutions.
- Deploy reporting solutions and Business Intelligence systems to cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in development of software technical documentation.
- Implement performance enhancements to existing business intelligence and reporting solutions.
- Work on building prototypes and Proof of Concept
- Create and package release artifacts for deployments.
- Work with support teams and customers during incident calls to troubleshoot emergency issues and implement fixes quickly to help customers continue critical operations.
- Collaborate closely with all team members and provide guidance and coaching to less experienced ones.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred, or similar experience required.
- 5+ years business intelligence and reporting work experience.
- Strong experience as a Business Intelligence developer using Jasper and similar technologies.
- Fully proficient with reports development using Jasper and similar technologies.
- Strong experience in relational databases, Oracle SQL development and building complex queries.
- Strong experience with Version Control System using Git.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Strong agile scrum experience
- Strong communication skills in English, written and verbal.
- an environment where your initiatives will be recognized and valued.
- the opportunity to travel internationally.
- the opportunity to work on a variety of projects on a multidisciplinary team.
- the opportunity to represent the organization at external conventions and conferences.
- the possibility to work from home occasionally.
- flexible schedules.
- attractive employee benefits.
👉 Come share your passion with us!
With over 13,000 employees in more than 40 countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. To learn more: www.cae.com.