🤓 Remote Django Engineer
13 000 - 18 000 PLN net
🌍 Butter | Aldgate Tower, London🖥 https://butter.co.uk
👉 Nice to have:
Senior Python Developer (Remote)
At Butter we were tired of paying huge upfront prices for flights, hotels and holidays. So we decided to start a fintech business and combined it with an online travel agency. The result is that with Butter, travellers can spread the cost of flights and hotels with simple instalment plans. Unlike other booking sites, Butter customers can even pay after their trip (how great is that?!). We have tens of thousands of customers across the UK already who use our platform (https://butter.co.uk/) to search, book, and finance their holidays.
Our customer base is rapidly growing so, we’re looking for an amazing Python Back-End Developer to join our high-performing and super collaborative team of remote developers to drive new innovative features and improvements for our users.
Our project, for now, is mostly monolithic in structure as this sped up the initial development work. But we built it with microservices in mind so there are no normal cross imports between apps and the database can be split with just a transcribe script.
An amazing opportunity awaits you to be a huge part of this process. Could you be the perfect fit we are looking for?
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building new features
- Optimizing code base and fixing bugs
- Making important architectural decisions
- Using agile workflow
We’d love to meet someone who:
- Values teamwork and is self-reliant when working
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- Has several years experience working with Python and Django in production (we're using Python 3.7 + Django 2)
- Familiarity with Docker, Celery, Redis and Postgres would be great
- Previous experience in DevOps, especially with AWS, would be a big plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote working
- 28 days of paid holidays per year
- Subsidised coworking desk
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing fintech
- Amazing team