🤓 Business Intelligence Consultant
8 400 - 16 800 PLN net
🌍 Business Reporting Solutions | ul. Powstańców Śląskich 125, Wrocław🖥 https://brsolutions.pl/
👉 Nice to have:
Who we are
We are a small company located in a cosy office in the south of Wroclaw. Our main area of expertise is data warehousing and business intelligence. Main industry we specialize in is telecommunications however we provide services to many other businesses.
We established a strategic partnership with a consulting company Client Solutions in Ireland (http://www.clientsolutions.ie/). Our consultants are part of the international team working on all aspects of providing BI and other software services to customers in Ireland and UK.
We like to approach people in a very individual way. Everyone will get a chance to use their strengths in the best way possible to solve particular problem or to complete a project.
Please see here for more details about our b2b recruitment process.
Role of a Business Intelligence Consultant:
Each of our consultants has a direct (e-mail/phone) contact with our end customers. This requires us not only to understand the code of ETL scripts but also to be able to speak the customer’s language.
Our work is a combination of project and support work. More experienced people who understand our systems and methodologies would have more design/development tasks. Others might be required to gain their experience by handling smaller tasks and participating in support activities. We are trying to accommodate tasks to personal preferences and unique skills so the more you could contribute the more opportunities would be there for you.
You have to be a very well organised person in order to handle incoming e-mails with new questions and queries, handle investigations of issues that require data research and code analysis. There is an element of pressure of time here so if you think you can’t handle it, don’t apply.
We are often assigned with tasks beyond our regular skill set, we need to be able to learn fast. Sometimes it’s setting up a new database server on a specific operating system. Sometimes it is to do a research on a latest Big Data technology and decide whether it’s suitable for our purposes.
Travel is not required but it is the best way to accelerate your personal development and would give you opportunities to gain more senior roles in projects.
What we require:
- An ideal candidate would have a very good knowledge of T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server platform (minimum 2 years of experience) and at least B2 level of English language. Other databases would also be welcomed (Teradata/Oracle/DB2).
- He/she must understand data warehousing principles (Kimball) as well as standard database models.
- Candidates must be able to design and implement ETL process for loading fact and dimension tables in the data warehouse using SQL/SSIS.
- They must be familiar with at least one reporting platform (Microstrategy, Cognos, SAP BO, Qlikview, Power BI), be able to model data warehouse objects in reporting engine and create reports for end users.
After three month trial period we extend the contract by one year. Our goal is to keep people for several years. The role and development path is individually adjusted to fit personal preferences. Yearly salary adjustments match one’s technical and business knowledge improvement.
Our office is near “Rondo Powstańców Śląskich” in Wroclaw.
- Certificate & exam cost covered by the company
- Free individual English classes
- Fruit, sandwiches, good coffee
- Nap room where you can relax for a few minutes
- Occasional events (bowling, go-carts, shooting, holiday nights out, board game/poker evenings)