🤓 Senior Back-End Engineer
16 000 - 18 000 PLN net
🌍 BRAINLY | Zabłocie 43a, BRAINLY, Kraków🖥 http://BRAINLY
👉 Nice to have:
The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. A very important part of that system is a commercial platform that allows Brainly to run payment business on multiple markets.
We are growing quickly and we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
Back-End Engineers at Brainly:
- Have a real influence on exactly what we build and how we build it
- Design and implement integrations with various payment providers on multiple markets (ike Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Stripe)
- Design, implement, test and monitor new functionalities to the platform and user features based on platform capabilities
- Push new features multiple times a day using a continuous delivery pipeline
- Contribute to the development of microservice architecture
- Develop and improve REST API and GraphQL API used by mobile and web clients
- Strive to write clean and high-quality code that makes them proud of what they do
- Share their knowledge with and learn from the team
We expect you to have:
- Highly skilled with at least one programming language
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge about micro-service based architecture
- Experience with message queue systems like RabbitMQ
- Understanding of technologies like load balancing, networking, massive data storage
- Constant desire to learn new things
- Great communication skills
- Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding of problems that need to be solved and requirements to be met
- Ability to brainstorm and create new solutions, both business and technical, together with the team
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a Product Owner
- Experience in securing high quality and timely services through work planning, teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Ability to make own decisions and a high level of self-organization
Nice to have:
- Practical experience in Go
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (like Redis, Cassandra)
- Experience with OpenTracing
- Experience with GraphQL
- location: Kraków, Poland
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more
- we happily support your participation in conferences, training, courses - you get 800$ per year to spend and time off when you need
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math to science, to history and beyond.
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.
Read more about the processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.