🤓 Senior Front-End Engineer
16 000 - 18 000 PLN gross
🌍 BRAINLY | Zabłocie 43a, Kraków🖥 http://www.brainly.co
Brainly is the world’s largest online community with over 100M UU per month, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our Core Front-End Team that is responsible for setting up standards and helping other teams in implementing them. As a member of the Core Front-End Team, you will be responsible for designing the architecture for our applications, improving tech stack, coding practices, researching new tools and solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting product teams in choosing the best approach and practices by PR reviews, pair programming and consultations.
How we do stuff now:
- Multi-package, multi-repository project, using NPM repo + yarn workspaces
- Main tech stack: React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL
- Sass (SCSS)
- Building with Webpack, Babel
- Type-checking with Flow, linting with Prettier, ESlint, Sass Lint
- Testing with Jest and Puppeteer
- Server-side in PHP (Symfony) :’(
- A/B testing
- Continuous delivery
- Introducing PostCSS and CSS Modules
- Server-side rendering with React using Next.js
- Automated Lighthouse benchmarks
- Modernizing i18n stack?
- Switching from Flow to TypeScript?
- Caching with Service Workers?
- What will you suggest?
And at least one of the following:
- In-depth knowledge of React and its ecosystem
- Ability to optimize the application performance - managing code splitting, asset delivery, optimizing rendering times etc.
- Knowledge about and ability to configure bundlers, transpilers and processors (Webpack / Rollup / Babel / Sass / PostCSS)
- Good TDD skills, knowledge of code quality related tools (Jest / Flow / TypeScript / Prettier / ESlint)
- Experience with designing FE application architecture for scale (NPM, yarn workspaces, Lerna)
- Ability to accelerate the team with task automation on CI/CD (TravisCI, CircleCI, TeamCity)
- Choose your own tools
- Flexible working hours and possible remote work
- Personal development budget + time off for conferences and workshops
- Private health care for you and your family
- In-house English and/ or Polish language classes
- Company lunches on Thursdays, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits
- Reimbursement for public transport costs
- Bicycle parking and shower
- Playroom with PS4, ping pong and foosball table
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.