🤓 Data Engineer
16 000 - 20 000 PLN gross
🌍 BRAINLY | Zabłocie 43a, BRAINLY, Kraków🖥 https://brainly.co
👉 Nice to have:
Engineering teams at Brainly are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for almost 150 million students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
With this size of monthly usage, we’re generating huge amounts of diverse types of data and are looking to leverage this better to improve our service. As a Data Engineer at Brainly, you will have an opportunity to shape the data engineering function, being responsible for the choice of solutions and technologies in DE/BI infrastructure area.
We are looking for a developer who is experienced in big data systems. If you are someone with an analytical background please check our other job ads dedicated to BI area.
What's in it for you?
Data Engineering function at Brainly needs to address increasing business requirements among Product Teams, so we start developing new data flows to better support different areas in the company. This means Data Engineer is not only about working with cool technology, but also:
- Working closely with various teams and/or within the Product teams to build the data processing flows reflecting their needs
- Touching a lot of fields in the company (Payments, Users behaviour, Ads, Content, SEO, infra logs, supporting reporting/analytical systems)
What you will do:
- Work with data processing platform from gathering business requirements through designing and implementing them
- Create and modify data flows for analytical/reporting purposes
- Work with AWS Data Lakes and Analytics Solutions to assure high quality, cleaned and preprocessed data for further usage
- Support Product teams on solving technical issues and compliance with the best practices
What will you need?
- At least 2 years as a Data Engineer/BI Developer
- Deep understanding of dimensional modelling concepts
- Hands-on experience in SQL
- Hands-on experience in ETL stages
- Familiar with implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions, especially in Data lakes environments
- Experience in reflecting business requirements into a technical solution
- Experience in a data warehouse
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience in Batch/Streaming processing concepts
Some tools/technologies you will work with:
AWS Services, Google Cloud, Redshift, RDS, Kinesis, Bigquery, MatillionETL, CloverETL, ETL and ELT stack, Batch/Streaming
- location: Kraków, Poland
- start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more.
- 800$/ year of personal development budget + time off for conferences and workshops
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.