🤓 Data Engineer
15 000 - 19 000 PLN gross
🌍 BRAINLY | Zabłocie 43a, BRAINLY, Kraków🖥 https://brainly.co
👉 Nice to have:
Engineering teams at Brainly are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for almost 150 million students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
With this size of monthly usage, we’re generating huge amounts of diverse types of data and are looking to leverage this better to improve our service. As Data Engineer at Brainly, you will have an opportunity to shape the data engineering function, being responsible for the choice of solutions and technologies in BI infrastructure area.
What's in it for you?
Data Engineering function at Brainly needs to address increasing business requirements as we start creating and implementing new processes for acquiring and processing data. This means Data Engineer is not only about working with cool technology, but also:
- Working closely with various teams and business units to build the infrastructure reflecting their needs
- Touching a lot of fields in the company (payments processing, data processing, supporting reporting systems, developing ETL tools)
- Making decisions regarding the solutions, new technologies
What you will do:
- Work on data processing framework from gathering business requirements through designing and implementing them
- Create new data flows as a platform solution for analytical, reporting and data science purposes
- Work cross-functionally with analysts and various engineering and data science teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in data platform development
- Develop high performance and scalable data infrastructure
What will you need?
- 2 years in a similar position in Data Engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of dimensional modelling concepts and relational databases
- Dealing with the whole development process from business requirements to implementation on your own
- Experience in cloud based infrastructure (AWS Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc)
- Experience in working with complex sets of data in a high-availability environment
- Working knowledge of microservice based architecture and messaging system
- Skills and systems
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse principles
- Working knowledge of Redshift, Google Big Query, ETL Tools (CloverETL, Attunity, others)
- Understanding the difference between ETL and ELT approaches
- Reporting/visualisation tools (Tableau, Metabase, Google Data Studio)
- location: Kraków, Poland
- start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more.
- 800$/ year of personal development budget + time off for conferences and workshops
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond.
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.
Read more about the processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.
Please include the following statement in your application:
Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about the processing of my personal data by Brainly.