🤓 Data Engineer
16 000 - 20 000 PLN gross
🌍 BRAINLY | Zabłocie 43a, BRAINLY, Kraków🖥 https://brainly.co
👉 Nice to have:
Engineering teams at Brainly are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for almost 150 million students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
With this size of monthly usage, we’re generating huge amounts of diverse types of data and are looking to leverage this better to improve our service. As a Data Engineer at Brainly, you can find an opportunity to use your skills in one of two roles. The one is about shaping data engineering function, being responsible for the choice of solutions/technologies and guide the DE team with the best practices and guidelines. The other one is about to proactively support product teams in defining and implementing their requirements, and also providing your expert’s guidelines to find and implement better solutions for analytics and reporting.
We are looking for a developer who is experienced in big data systems.
If you are someone with an analytical background please check our other job ads dedicated to BI area.
What's in it for you?
Data Engineering function at Brainly needs to address increasing business requirements, so we started developing a Data Platform to better support different areas in the company effectively. However, we keep close cooperation with Product teams to meet their requirements accurately. This means Data Engineer is not only about working with cool technology, but also:
- Working with the Platform which is being used among different teams for data analysis, reporting, exploring and creating a loopback supporting product directly, like personalization and online analytics
- Working closely with various teams to build data processing flows supporting teams needs
- Touching a lot of fields in the company (Payments, Users behavior, Ads, Content, SEO, infra logs, supporting reporting/analytical systems)
- Looking for the future to proactively choose solutions and question yourself what is the best data approach to support company
What you will do:
- Work on Data Platform from clarifying requirements through designing and implementing a solution
- Create and improve data flow for analytical/reporting purposes
- Work with AWS Data Lakes and Analytics Solutions to assure high quality preprocessed data for further usage within Data Marts
- Support Product teams on solving technical issues and compliance with the best practices
- Make the platform and our data being accessible for everyone in the company with ease
What will you need?
- At least 2-4 years as a Data Engineer or related technical role in DE/BI area
- Deep understanding of dimensional modeling concepts
- Deep understanding of databases and data modeling
- Understanding Slowly Changing Dimensions and hands-on experience with using it
- Experience in Batch/Streaming processing concepts
- Experience in reflecting business requirements into a technical solution
- Hands-on experience in SQL
- Hands-on experience in ETL stages
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure especially AWS
- Experience in ETL tools
Some tools/technologies you will work with:
AWS Services, Google Cloud, Redshift, RDS, Kinesis, Bigquery, MatillionETL, CloverETL, ETL and ELT stack, Batch/Streaming
- location: Kraków, Poland
- start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours, possible remote work
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + time off for conferences and workshops
- Private health care for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Warta life insurance
- Multisport Plus card
- In-house English and/or Polish language classes
- Company lunches on Thursdays, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits
- Reimbursement for public transport costs
- AskHenry service - personal assistant
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.