🤓 Backend Programmer - Node.js
3 900 - 7 000 USD gross
🌍 Behaviour Interactive | 500-6666 rue Saint-Urbain, Montreal🖥 https://www.bhvr.com/
We are Behaviour Interactive, a passionate and talented Montreal-based company of game makers who create top tier interactive experiences on all leading platforms. We work with the world’s most renowned brands and develop our own, including the award winning Dead by Daylight. We have a passion for development and commitment to allowing creativity to thrive that always puts our players first. We constantly strive to challenge convention through innovation in design, technology, live operations, and visual styling.
With 25 successful years of being a proudly independent Canadian company, we continue to treat our staff with respect and continually foster a working environment that allows everyone to shine. We offer a great work-life balance, constant opportunities for growth and a fun and dynamic atmosphere.
We are seeking top talent to join our collaborative adventure. Join us to fulfill the needs of players everywhere, work on cutting edge tech, and create the best interactive experiences that the world has yet to see.
- Develop new server functionalities and maintain existing code base;
- Write specifications prior to new feature development;
- Diagnose and resolve problems to improve robustness;
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide services for the game server;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize code, with consideration to the live & online aspect of the game;
- Perform routing code review for team members.
- Worked with Amazon Web Service technologies: EC2, RDS, Dynamo, S3, Elasticache;
- Developed Application servers using: Apache Tomcat, Node.js, etc;
- Have strong relational and non relational database experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other);
- Have strong data modeling experience with focus on performance and maintenance;
- Experience with load testing and with distributed load generators.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience;
- Development experience in a Unix environment;
- Experienced in TCP and UPD networking and creating highly reliable, scalable distributed server systems;
- Experience profiling and optimizing server systems (network, CPU, memory, IO);
- Experience with client / server development including security and network traffic management;
- Experience using ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ or other messaging systems;
- Use of Hadoop, Thrift, MapReduce and/or RESTful APIs.