🤓 Java Developer
7 000 - 12 000 PLN brutto
🌍 Avid Technology | Bulwar Beniowskiego 5a, Szczecin🖥 http://www.avid.com
👉 Nice to have:
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Interplay®, Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, ISIS®, and Sibelius®.
Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®.
Avid is looking for an experienced software engineer located in Szczecin, Poland. You will be working in the Avid Asset Services team responsible for the Connectivity Toolkit for the Avid Media Suite. Specific project areas include in-depth integration with the Avid asset management systems (Media Central Production & Asset Management). This position involves the development of new code as well as utilizing legacy code and libraries in enterprise-level applications and requires contributions in all phases of development, including specification, design, implementation, and maintenance of Java applications running on Windows and Mac OSX environments.
As part of our engineering team in Szczecin, Poland, you will participate in our SCRUM driven software engineering team. You should be able to:
- Understand the complex interactions of an existing client / server application.
- Create and execute detailed implementation plans with well-defined milestones.
- Implement products based on service oriented architectures (SOA).
- Coordinate and clearly communicate within the team and our pairing engineering teams in Germany, USA, Ukraine and Poland.
- Proactively remove development obstacles and prioritize your tasks.
- Strong design and implementation skills in Java.
- Object-oriented design skills and robust coding practices.
- Ability to work with large distributed systems involving the writing of new code modules, as well as utilizing legacy code and libraries.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English via both phone and e-mail is a must.
- 2+ years of related software development experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Agile Software Development and its practices (Scrum).
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (Jenkins).
- Experience designing, implementing and using REST APIs.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience in agile development (SCRUM).
- Experience with integration of/with 3rd party component and systems.
- Experience with working in a distributed, multi-lingual team, across several time zones.
- Experience in services oriented solutions.
- Experience with video and/or audio software engineering.
"I hereby voluntarily give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed, also in the future, for the purposes of the recruitment process and in case of being employed by AVID TECHNOLOGY POLAND sp. z o.o., Bulwar M. Beniowskiego 5a in Szczecin under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended. The consent covers data transfer for the purposes given above to corporate related companies in the EU and the USA, including AVID TECHNOLOGY, Inc. Burlington, MA 65-75 Network Drive Burlington, MA 01803 USA. I reserve the possibility to access the content of my personal data and correct it.”