🤓 Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead
10 000 - 19 000 PLN gross
🌍 Appsilon Data Science | Chmielna 21, Warszawa🖥 https://appsilon.com/
Develop data-centric business apps for large global companies. Work from Warsaw or Gdańsk with clients from the US and Western Europe. Work on some of the most advanced R Shiny apps in the world in the leading company in this space.
We’re a young, dynamic, small (~20) team. We work with companies from various industries, providing end-to-end data science consulting: from developing vision, through machine learning models development, to visualization, models productionization, and applications that allow them to use their data to gain business advantage. Over the past 5 years we’ve become the most advanced team out there(at least that we know of!) providing development of applications in Shiny, the web framework for R. Shiny is gaining huge momentum nowadays, so we have our hands full - we need you!
Our culture is based on three values: trust, learning, and commitment. We often feel like a family. We are devoted to quality of what we deliver and success of our clients. We want to live in Poland and work on great projects with global companies, while maintaining good balance between work and life. We love the opportunity to learn not-widely-known facts about the world we live in thanks to working with companies in various industries and situations.
Tech lead in a project for us is a role, not a position, so in some projects it’ll be you leading them, and in others it’ll be someone else. Given your level of experience, you will be in this role for most of the time.
You’ll be working as a senior software engineer. You will be responsible for:
- leading software projects and teams, both from technical side and in defining with client what they really need and providing guidance to them
- desiging and developing high-quality, great looking data-centric applications. We work a lot in R and Shiny, and also in Python.
- guiding decisions made by the team working on a project, making sure we choose good solutions, challenging unfounded assumptions and working directly with client to discover what their true needs are,
- working with data scientists to make the models they build usable by people, e.g. in the form of an API,
- mentoring other software engineers,
- improving our development processes and practices, and how we work as a whole.
What will your work look like?
- You’ll join a team of software engineers and data scientists.
- You’ll be reporting directly to our CTO and getting mentoring from him.
- You’ll work in our office in center of Warsaw or in center of Gdańsk.
- You’ll work in a team of 2-5 people on one or two projects at a time. As a tech lead, you’ll be leading this team’s work.
- We work in an agile way (Scrum / Scrumban depending on the project). You’ll be collaborating with our scrum master Karolina to constantly improve how your team works.
- We encourage writing blogposts, preparing and giving public talks, working on internal projects, learning new skills, preparing a tech talk for the rest of the team — so you’ll be able spend part of your time on that.
What you need to know now:
- You should have great programming skills and be fluent in at least one programming language.
- You should have experience in building software systems and designing architecture.
- You should have a drive for high code quality, modern development practices and automated testing, and constant improvement of yourself and your team.
- You should be familiar with working on a version control system like Git, and you should like doing thorough code reviews (we work mainly on GitHub).
- You should feel comfortable speaking English — most of our clients are international, and a lot of internal communication is in English.
What you'll need learn when you join (if you know these already - awesome!)
- R programming language (going through http://adv-r.had.co.nz/, and familiarizing yourself with Tidyverse packages will be more than enough for the start)
- Shiny framework: https://shiny.rstudio.com/
- Building solutions on Amazon Web Services
- Deployment automation with Ansible
- Remote work: We work in the office by default, because we value being together, but it is normal to work remotely from time to time.
- Work hours: Flexible, but we try to be available between 10:00-16:00. Occasionally we need to stay a bit later than that, e.g. to meet with a US client.
- Additional benefits: flat structure, flexible hours, foosball tournaments, private health care, VanityStyle sport & profits cards.
- Employment type: we're flexible - you can choose between permanent employment and B2B.