🤓 AWS Cloud Engineer
13 000 - 17 000 PLN gross
🌍 Appliscale | City Centre, Rzeszów🖥 http://Appliscale
👉 Nice to have:
Want to join an experienced team of professionals? We’re looking for Cloud Engineers!
Appliscale is an IT consulting company specializing in Adtech, Cloud and Scalability solutions.
Appliscale has partnered with some of the biggest names in digital advertising, gaming and gambling such as Verizon Media and Novomatic to name a few.
Currently, we are looking for engineers to join one of three projects:
- In the Adtech area, we deliver Java-based project for partner located in New York. We use reactive programming (Vert.x, RxJava), developing fully automated, immutable infrastructure on AWS, aiming to process billions of requests every day. We also use PostgreSQL, Kafka, and Docker (both dev and production). Joining us you will be working in a team of 6 professionals.
- Research and development project for a leader in the gambling industry. We aim to deliver a solution based on a complex event-processing paradigm, using Java, Scala, Akka and NoSQL databases orchestrated with Docker and Kubernetes.
We help our clients not only with feature development, but also bring experience around project and product management, production maintenance, requirements analysis, cost analysis and performance optimizations.
Remote first company - we do have an office but are used to work with remote clients and teams. We put a big emphasis on asynchronous communication and are very light on processes and meetings.
To deliver solutions for our clients we use technologies best suited for a given use case. We deliver full stack solutions with scalable backend stacks in Java / Erlang / C++, frontends built in Angular or React, and infrastructure deployed on AWS or client’s premises.
We are used to working with demanding scale and put emphasis on performance optimization and design of high throughput systems. We have experience in data processing areas such as real-time data analysis, reporting pipelines, and forecasting engines.
We have a holistic approach to our development process and believe that you should fully own solutions you deliver. This means that we are big advocates of DevOps culture, automation, IaaC and CI/CD. If you like a total ownership approach you will feel at home here.
Last but not least we believe in an engaging work environment where people can use their passions and develop their skills and interests.
Our office is located in Krakow and we have remote team members throughout Poland and Europe.
- Design and build AWS infrastructure with CloudFormation/Terraform
- Perform requirements analysis
- Communicate with project stakeholders
- Technical mentoring for younger team members
- Design deployment pipelines and CI/CD processes
What you will need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science/engineering or related fields
- Strong analytical skills, experience with debugging complex systems
- At least 2+ years of proven hands-on AWS experience
- Good command of English
- Very good knowledge of AWS services:
- Experience in DevOps activities (CI/CD, Docker, IaaC)
- Ease of using Linux command line interface
- Good knowledge of Bash, Python
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or AWS ECS
- Knowledge of Jenkins X
- Basic knowledge of AWS services: AWS Glue / AWS Redshift / AWS API Gateway
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team
Why work with us?
- Involvement in international projects for large and well-known companies, both corporations and startups
- Involvement in greenfield projects
- Constant skills development through sponsored AWS training and certifications
- Weekly knowledge sharing meetings to spread the knowledge within the company
- Possibility to represent the company on conferences and meetups
- Freedom to be innovative and make an active impact on our processes
- Opportunities to travel throughout Europe and the US
- Flexible work hours and option for remote work
- Additional perks
- Fresh fruits
- Free coffee & tea
- Health, sports & benefit package
- 3D printer
- Company off sites