🤓 Server Technical Services Engineer
6 000 - 8 400 PLN gross
🌍 Akamai | ul. Opolska 100, Kraków🖥 http://www.akamai.com
As a Server Tech Services Engineer in Akamai, you will be working on troubleshooting hardware and network issues on Akamai servers deployed all over EMEA. In this role, you will be responsible for diagnosing hardware and network issues remotely and working with Internet Service Providers and Field Engineers to fix those issues. You will also be working with our partners (ISPs) to get our equipment back to the warehouse or vendors under the Return Merchandise Authorization program.
As a Server Tech Services Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Remotely check and diagnose server hardware issues, facilitate server repairs, and manage Akamai’s hardware assets.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting network connectivity issues at layer 1 and 2.
- You will work closely with field technicians, ISPs, equipment vendors, and internal operations and engineering staff.
- You will co-ordinate with ISPs and different internal teams in Akamai to return Networking equipment from our partner locations.
- You will work closely with the hardware engineering team to identify and resolve different types of hardware issues occurring after the equipment are deployed.
- Work with cross functional teams to resolve hardware and other related issues that might arise.
- Monitor hardware failure patterns and proactively report to Hardware Engineering and vendors.
- Acquire expert level knowledge regarding Akamai server hardware and server maintenance
- Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 2 years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent or
- Required Skills
- 1+ year of hands-on network and server hardware experience preferably in fault diagnosis.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware technologies such as types of hard drives, RAMs, motherboards and RAID.
- Knowledge of Networking concepts such as IP addressing, DHCP, VLAN, Internet Protocols like TCP/IP and DNS.
- Unix/Linux command-line experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Comfortable with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment.
- A spirit of investigation.
- Ability to think out of the box and solve problems creatively.
- Ability to systematically gather relevant information and use that information to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to learn from past issues and apply the knowledge gained to resolve similar problems.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, third party service providers and vendors.
- Exposure to Data center technologies and infrastructure.
- Ability to analyze hardware error logs in Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Willing to take the initiative and walk the extra mile to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and hands on experience with SQL.
- Programming skills in Perl or Python.
- Should be able to quickly analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly.
- The ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of building and maintaining a worldwide network