Head of Data Analytics and Data Science
Are you passionate about leading data analysis and data science teams? If yes, this is a great opportunity for you! Data is at the heart of everything we do at AirHelp, and we’re looking for an experienced manager who can take ownership of our data analysis and data science teams and support all other departments in making full use of our data resources.
You will be remotely leading a seasoned and highly-motivated, multicultural team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists spread across Europe. You will have the challenge of supporting our business needs in a fast-changing environment and helping AirHelp reach the next level of data maturity. Your team will be in charge of conducting advanced analysis and developing appealing visualizations, dashboards and storytelling for the full range of business stakeholders. You will be a hands-on leader with experience using the data technologies and techniques used by the various members of your team.
You will have autonomy and significant influence in corporate, product, and process decisions. We have a modern data stack delivered by strong data engineers. You’ll be working with a well-grown and proficient system that has been proven to work. You will help in stabilizing and scaling our data analysis solutions and champion forward-looking data science approaches and deliverables.
Who we are as a team:
- We’re a company with a stable product and an eye for innovation. We are no longer a startup, but want to keep developing new products like startups do.
- We still have a lot of the autonomy that startups have, but to ensure stable delivery and the maintainability of services, we are also standardizing our processes.
- We have a product architecture consisting of more than 100 different services — we scan millions of reservations in real time, which leads to accepting and processing thousands of claims every month.
- We have a product with global reach, targeting people around the world.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage AirHelp’s data analysts and data scientists, providing guidance, direction, and support in their day-to-day activities.
- Collect and analyze data from various sources, including internal systems, third-party tools, and market research, to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop dashboards and reports to track and measure performance against these metrics.
- Collaborate with AirHelp’s Head of Data Engineering and Data Architecture to develop a comprehensive analytics strategy to support the organization's business objectives using a broad range of technical solutions.
- Drive data governance initiatives by establishing data quality standards, ensuring data accuracy, and driving data security requirements.
- Effectively communicate complex analytical findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders through presentations, reports, and visualizations.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making within the organization, promoting the use of analytics to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
Ideally, you'll bring with you:
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, and develop a team.
- Proven experience in data analysis and visualization tools, such as SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools.
- Comfort with tools like Snowflake, dbt, AirFlow, and Sigma Computing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Proficiency in data modeling and data manipulation.
- Strong understanding of data governance principles and practices.
- Proven business acumen and the ability to connect data insights to business objectives.
- Confident communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex data into clear and actionable insights.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
Make a real impact on travel
At AirHelp, you will make a difference working with the world's largest organization specializing in air passenger rights. We support travelers around the world and help them get the compensation they deserve when their flight doesn't go according to the plan. We're a global, diverse team that helps make air travel better for all. In 10 years, we’ve helped 1.5 million people receive the compensation they were entitled to when their flight was delayed, canceled or diverted. We’re really proud of our 102k 5-star Trustpilot ratings.
Perks and benefits:
- Flexible working hours and type of contract.
- Hybrid or fully remote workspace.
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks a year.
- Flexible benefits: gym membership, personal education, childcare, public transportation, or leisure travel subsidy.
- MacBook Pro and extra monitor(s).
- Health benefits.
- Language classes.
- Access to mindfulness and wellbeing platform (Mindgram).
- Unlimited, free use of AirHelp services.
- Internal training programs and knowledge-sharing events.
- Personalized progression plan.
- Team days.
- Events and parties.
- Video call with our recruiter
- Video call with CTO and CPO
- Up to 3 calls with Finance, Operations, and Marketing executives
AirHelp is, and always will be, an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
All of our offices are wheelchair accessible. We welcome applicants who have special needs and are happy to adjust our interview process to accommodate them.
We invite refugees and displaced people to join our team. Please submit your application in English and we look forward to hearing from you.